Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The logic of Chris

Shower time in our house is after the kids go to bed each night.

The other night Chris goes up to the bathroom for his nightly shower. I am downstairs watching TV when he pops his head out of the bathroom with a confused look on his face.

"Babe, come here and look at this." He whispers, even though it's just the two of us.

"I'm watching this. What do you want?" While never taking my eyes off the tv.

"I think they're shrinking!" He's now holding onto the bathroom door frame while craning his neck out as far as it will reach towards the living room.

Now he's got my attention. Now, I'm cracking up yelling at him. "What the hell are you talking about? It's freaking winter outside. Don't they all shrink in the cold? How the hell old are you that you haven't figured that out yet?"

He now pops out of the bathroom hopping in circles in the hallway pointing at his hips. "My underwear are shrinking, look at the red circle around me. They're shrinking!"

"You dumbass!" Somehow the memory of the ten million cookies, sweets and holiday meals must have slipped his mine and shrinking elastic seemed like a logical explanation.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god!! I knew this was going to be a good one with the title. The Logic of Chris!!! I love it. I was totally cracking up reading this. The story is even better knowing you both! I can actually see this entire event going down!! Seriously cracking up!!

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't stopped by for a while... and this post didn't dissapoint! mwahahahaha! Typical man! OF course, it must be shrinkage! Never gainage on their behalf, right?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You've reached Jennie. I'm not available right now. So, leave me a message after the tone and I'll be sure to get back with you. 'BEEEEEEEEP"