Friday, March 1, 2013

Random saved posts never posted, now posted


Sometimes we get caught up in rushing to get everything that has to be done done. We rush to relax before we rush off to sleep so that we can get up and start rushing out of bed to rush the kids off to school and rush to work. Repeat rush repeat rush repeat rush repeat rush.

Then we stop to smell the roses. Or in my case, the cherry coke and whipped vodka.

It had been one of those all rush weeks where everything had left me with a tic and a twitch.

_________________________________________________________________________________



 
Is there a line that can be drawn between your career and your life? Can the two exist without one affecting the other? I'm not talking about the financial aspects of it. We all know that you have to have money in order to live.
 ________________________________________________________________________

We have really been boring lately. Not too many funny stories to report on. Chris is working on finishing the basement and me and the boys have been getting back in to the work/school routine.

Here's a run down of our latest funny conversations:

Me: "Boys! Aunt Suzie is taking you to the movies. Do you want to see Puss in Boots 3D or (something else I can't remember)?
Nuby and Peyton (yelling and jumping up and down): "PUSSY BOOTS! PUSSY BOOTS!

Devin: Can we take turns doing my homework? My hands are tired.
Me: No, I have my work to do and you have your work to do.
Devin: But, you are faster than me.
Me: All you have to do is finish your homework and it's done. I have to fold never ending laundry because you guys want to wear clothes every day of your life.
Devin: I make your job easier cause sometimes I wear my underwear for 2 days. Now you should have to help me.

Me: I'm different. I'm not a Jennifer or a Jenny with a Y. I'm Jennie with an I-E.
Coworker: .....with an IEP.
Me: (I turn to face my usual smiling-happy-go-lucky co-worker)
Coworker: (Staring at me with a stone-faced-caught-in-the-headlights look)
Me: GAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Coworker: I can't believe that came out.
Me: (Still cracking up) What else is roaming around in your head just waiting to get out? On second thought....keep them there!
(Everyone is always joking about how the things that drive me crazy with Devin are the things that I do also. So, this made it all the funnier. It was in no way meant to be a dive at anyone with an IEP. I'm very open about my wierd quirks and issues. If there were an adult IWorkP. I'd be first on the list.)

Me: Ok. Let's take a look and see about your EITC.
Client: Alrighty.
Me: Great! You'll be getting back X dollars in the Earned Income Crack Credit.
Client: Crack? (laughing) I knew the government was getting shadier these days.

Me: (talking to the tv) Dirty hoe.
Chris:

2 comments:

Hi! You've reached Jennie. I'm not available right now. So, leave me a message after the tone and I'll be sure to get back with you. 'BEEEEEEEEP"