Thursday, May 30, 2013

Self worth, self accountability, self motivation

I'm doing a Jennie overhaul and I've decided to reboot the blog and take it on the adventure with me.

I've always joked that I'm the ADHD poster child, but I've had a very rude reawakening and affirmation to that.

While I am extremely productive at work, I seriously lack at home. My house is a continuous mess, laundry always needs put away, I misplace or forget important things, phone calls go unreturned, mail doesn't go in the mailbox....hell, I'm lucky if I remember mail at all.

Chris used the word 'disappointing' to describe me the other day.

Dis-a-ppoint-ing.

Yes, it still packs the same gut punch from childhood. Nothing was worse than the "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."

What an awakening. 

After days of panic and feelings of inadequacy and being overwhelmed, I picked a few checklists that were simple but still detailed. I have the lists at home and I love them. I'm a list lover. Nothing feels better than checking something off. I also started a journal to keep myself accountable.

Here I am world. I kind of suck, but I'm going to give it an honest to goodness try. 

Ithinkicanithinkicanithinkican.

Here is my first checklist. http://www.rosybluhandmade.com/2012/03/01/free-printable-the-ever-so-reasonable-cleaning-checklist/ I was able to add a few things on. I love that one entire month is on one page. Switches lists out weekly would probably turn in to a task in itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You've reached Jennie. I'm not available right now. So, leave me a message after the tone and I'll be sure to get back with you. 'BEEEEEEEEP"